Rectangle Red is always looking for talented junior and senior technical staff to join its expanding business, so if you are fed up with the commute to London, want your voice to be heard or just fancy working in a charming little market town, why not sent us your CV?
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Demonstrable skill with Microsoft Visual Studio, VB.net, Access, VBA or a similar technology to produce Windows and/or web based applications is essential. For the senior roles, we would expect you to have a few years experience behind you.
- Experience of developing for at least one of SQL Server, MySQL or something similar, being comfortable writing relatively simple SQL queries by hand, is essential. For the senior roles, again we would expect you to have being doing this for at least a year or two.
- Experience programming using the APIs for business applications such as Goldmine or Sage is a bonus, but by no means essential.
- Experience with using and writing shell scripts for Linux based systems is desirable, but again not essential.
- An ability to learn quickly and not be put off by systems or technologies not encountered before is essential.
- All candidates are expected to be professional in appearance and attitude, and to be thorough and careful in their work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, as is a patient and clear telephone manner.
- A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- A full driving licence is essential (although the job does not involve much travel) as is a valid work permit where necessary.
We pay a competitive salary (related to experience!), and offer the chance to escape the commuting rat race and work for a company where you will directly contribute to our success. Interested? Send us your CV at email@example.com or use the email form on the main Jobs Vacancies page. Even if we don’t have anything for you right now, we will contact you again when we do – we expect to be hiring actively again later this year.